Bad breath is often a symptom of a deeper underlying disease. Bad breath, often called halitosis, is the result of unpleasant odors coming from your mouth. These smells are often caused by bacterial buildup within your mouth, but can also be the result of something worse. Here are a few things you should know about bad breath to help you understand what may be the cause of yours:
– Avoid risky habits that can contribute to bad breath, such as smoking or chewing tobacco.
– Bad breath is most often the result of insufficient brushing and flossing or lack thereof.
– Bad oral hygiene can cause bad breath, specifically the accumulation of plaque in your mouth.
– Respiratory tract infections and kidney and liver disease can cause bad breath.
– Medications that create dry mouth as a symptom can cause bad breath.
– One of the top treatments for bad breath is mouthwash, as it can help wash away harmful bacteria and food residue that are the cause of many bad breath issues.
– Gum disease, also called periodontal disease, can cause bad breath.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with Nasson Rodriguez for halitosis treatments, please call our dentist office at 504-364-1333. We are located in New Orleans, Louisiana, and Dr. Nasson Rodriguez and all of our wonderful team look forward to doing our best to ensure your oral health remains terrific.